Things I Miss About The USA
I've been traveling around Latin America and Europe for the past eight months, and absolutely loving it most of the time. So far I've been exposed to SO many new experiences, ideas, people, languages, foods and more. While that has all been invigorating and exciting, sometimes I find myself missing certain things that only the good ole US of A can provide:
- Wheat Thins: Yes this is number one.
- Clothes dryers: Yay for having a dryer in Lima and Bogotá! Boo for everywhere else. What I wouldn't give for a soft fluffy towel.
- Westworld: And all the shows. So behind on so many shows. Thank you to GoT for waiting until 2019 to release the next season.
- Trader Joe's: Please get some veggie hummus wraps in my life stat.
- USD$: My brain hurts from learning a new currency every month. Can we get a global currency por favor?
- Amazon Prime: Wait, this should be number one. Amazon Prime is life.
- Target: Why can't I buy all the things I need and don't need in one place? Falls in the same category as Amazon Prime.
- The Canes: It's not even football season yet and I already miss them oh so much. I feel confident that they miss me too.
- TITO'S: @Tito's, can you please begin exporting your goodness to other parts of the world? Shoutout to the one random bar in Lisbon that carries Tito's... don't ask how many times I went there in July.
- La Croix: Specifically the orange and pamplemousse flavors. But I would happily accept any of the flavors at this point.
- Sparkcycle: San Diego peeps saw this one coming. Bogotá is the exception here too because Cyglo briefly filled the hole that Sparkcycle's absence has created in my heart/workout routine.
- My bed: I have slept on some pretty terrible mattresses this year. Exception goes to my Mexico City bed, but not sure if it was actually comfortable or just an improvement from all my other very very unfortunate mattresses.
- Easy communication: English is music to my ears.
- Global Entry: Why can't this work for entering any country?
|can't wait to stream Canes games at 3am|
Most importantly I miss family and friends above all else (but so much love to my RY Aurora friends who have become like family!).
Thanks so much to everyone who has visited or met up with me so far (Nate/Linds, Erica, Hans, Mom/JMirk/Kerissa, Chase, Calo/KJ/Britt, Eric, Meg O) and those who have upcoming visits planned (Mike/Christa/Topher, KJ again, Mom again, Rick ??, Neil ??, Court/Doug ??). It makes a world of difference to get to see you and share some of the cities I'm living in with you. Upcoming visitors: please bring your girl some Wheat Thins!!!